Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours
Serves: 12 slices
- 1 Cup prunes, pitted*
- 2 1⁄2 Cups raisins
- 2 Cups red wine
- 3⁄4 Cup red rum
- 1 Tablespoon grace browning
- 1⁄4 Cup grace orange juice
- 3 Medium eggs
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 Cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Bottle stout
- 1⁄4 Cup mixed peel
- 1⁄2 Cup grace hello margarine
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Combine prunes, raisins and red wine in a pot; bring to a boil, then reduce flame and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from flame, allow to cool then pour on red rum. Coarsely blend the soaked fruits. Add Grace Browning, Grace Orange Juice and eggs and mix well.
- Combine flour, breadcrumbs, baking powder, cinnamon powder and nutmeg and set aside.
- Blend the stout and mixed peel until smooth. Pour into egg mixture.
- Pour half the egg mixture into the flour mixture and beat well. Add the melted Grace Hello Margarine and remaining egg mixture and continue to beat until flour particles are sufficiently mixed in.
- Scrape pudding mixture into a greased and lined 9" (22 cm) cake tin and cover tightly with aluminium foil.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 1/2 hours or until done.
- Cool, then serve with a sauce of your choice.
*Pitted - means seed(s) removed.