Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 8 servings
- 3 Pounds pork, cleaned & cut in bite size pieces
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons grace caribbean traditions all purpose seasoning
- 4 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Piece ginger, chopped
- 1 Large egg, whisked
- 1 Cup flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 Cup Grace Vegetable Oil
- 0 ingredients for sweet and sour sauce:
- 1 3⁄4 Cups water
- 1⁄4 Cup grace white vinegar
- 1⁄2 Cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 Cup grace tomato ketchup
- 1 Piece ginger, julienne
- 2 Medium carrots, julienne
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Cup grace pineapple slices, cut in chunks
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
TO MAKE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE:
Season pork with soy sauce, salt, Grace Caribbean Traditions All Purpose Seasoning, garlic and ginger. Marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
Whisk egg, sift flour and heat Grace Vegetable Oil in a large skillet.
Dip seasoned pork pieces in egg, then flour (shaking off excess) and deep fat fry until golden brown.
Pour Sweet and Sour Sauce over pork and simmer for 5 minutes.
Combine 1 1/2 cups water, 1/4 cup Grace White Vinegar, brown sugar, Grace Tomato Ketchup, ginger and carrots in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup water and add to the sauce. Stir well until thickened.
- Add pineapple pieces to sauce, mix well, then pour over pork.