Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours
Serves: 2 hours
- 4 Cups string beans, cut on the diagonal and cooked
- 2 Stalks escallion, sliced
- 1 Small sweet pepper, chopped and deseeded
- 1 Large tomato, chopped
- 1 Stalk celery, sliced
- 2 Teaspoons dried basil/thyme
- 1⁄4 Cup Grace Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons wine/cider vinegar
- 1 Large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon grace caribbean traditions black pepper
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon Grace Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 Head lettuce
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
In a large bowl combine string beans, escallion, sweet pepper, tomato, celery and the dried basil/thyme.
In a small bowl or jar with a tight fitting lid, combine Grace Vegetable Oil, vinegar, garlic, Grace Caribbean Traditions Black Pepper, Grace
Hot Pepper Sauce and salt if desired.
Stir or shake vigorously to blend well.
Pour dressing over vegetables. Gently toss to mix and coat.
Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
Arrange lettuce leaves in a salad bowl or plate, and add the marinated string bean salad.