Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons Grace Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon grace caribbean traditions curry powder
- 2 Tablespoons grace jerk seasoning
- 1 Pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 Ounce escallion, chopped
- 1 Cup grace coconut milk
- 1 Teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 Cup water
- 1⁄4 Cup red and yellow bell peppers, julienne
- 2 Tablespoons Grace Hot Pepper Sauce
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Heat a large skillet, add GRACE VEGETABLE OIL and heat well . Add finely chopped garlic, sauté for a minute; add GRACE CARIBBEAN TRADITIONS CURRY POWDER and GRACE JERK SEASONING and stir well.
- Add de-veined shrimp and mix well; sauté for 3 minutes, until tails begin to curl and shrimp turn pink. Add chopped escallion, pour on GRACE COCONUT MILK and stir well.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in water and add to pot. Add julienne red and yellow bell peppers and stir. Sprinkle on GRACE HOT PEPPER SAUCE for added flavour and stir well.
- Serve hot!
How to de-vein shrimp: Use a small knife (manicure scissors are quite handy) with a point to slit the back side of the shrimp. As you slit the shells you will cut into the meat a bit exposing the vein. Use the tip of the knife to lift the vein, then grasp it with your fingers and discard.
Serve with hot steamed GRACE RICE and a chilled GRACE BLENDS of your choice.