Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1.5 hours
- 4 1⁄2 Pounds pork butt
- 1⁄4 Cup Grace White Cane Vinegar
- 4 Cups water
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 2 Stalks escallion, chopped
- 1 Sprig thyme, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 1 Small scotch bonnet pepper, minced
- 2 Tablespoons ginger, finely chopped
- 4 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 pimento berries, crushed
- 1 Teaspoon peppercorns, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Grace Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups chicken stock
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Wash pork in a mixture of Grace Vinegar and water.
- Use a sharp knife to make incisions in the meat. Combine all the seasonings and use to rub all over the surface of the meat. Allow to marinate overnight or for about six hours.
- Heat a heavy skillet or Dutch pot and add Grace Vegetable Oil. Add seasoned pork and allow to brown on the surface.
- Reduce the heat and add stock gradually. Turn the meat as it browns and baste occasionally with marinade a little at a time.
- Cover meat and allow to simmer for about 45 minutes. Adjust seasoning as desired.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Slice and serve.
Chicken Stock is made by combining one packet Grace Cock Soup Mix with two cups boiling water. Strain and use as directed.