Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4-6 persons
- 1 Packet grace earth chef flavoured veggie mince beef
- 2 Cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 Tablespoon Grace Vegetable Oil
- 4 Stalks escallion, chopped
- 5 Cloves garlic, grated
- 8 Ounces onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon thyme leaves
- 4 Ounces sweet pepper, diced
- 8 Ounces tomato, diced
- 1 Teaspoon scotch bonnet pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Cup grace tomato ketchup
- 1 Teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 Packet grace spaghetti, boiled and drained
- 4 Ounces natural cheddar cheese, shredded
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Empty Grace Earth Chef Flavoured Veggie Mince Beef in a 2 litres (2 quarts) bowl; pour on 500 ml (2 cups) boiling water and leave to re-hydrate for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle on seasoning from sachet; mix well and leave to marinate for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat Grace Vegetable Oil, add chopped escallion, grated garlic, diced onions, and thyme leaves; saute for 2 minutes.
- Add re-hydrated Grace Earth Chef Veggie Mince Beef and stir well. Allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Gradually pour on Grace Tomato Ketchup, stir well and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add diced sweet peppers, tomatoes and finely chopped scotch bonnet pepper and mix well. Allow to heat through for another 2 minutes. Adjust seasoning, as desired. Stir well.
- Remove from heat.
- Swirl boiled Grace Spaghetti in a pasta bowl, spoon on Grace Earth Chef Veggie Mince Beef Sauce.
- Sprinkle with shredded natural cheddar cheese.
Sprinkle with shredded natural cheddar cheese and serve immediately.