Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 6-8 persons
- 2 Pounds sorrel
- 1 Ounce ginger, crushed/grated
- 1 Piece dried orange peel
- 6 Whole cloves
- 12 Cups boiling water
- 2 Cups sugar
- 1⁄4 Cup white rum (optional)
- 1 Cup red wine (optional)
- 0 A few grains of rice
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Wash sorrel, crush or grate ginger.
- Place sorrel, ginger, orange peel and cloves in a stainless steel container.
- Pour on boiling water, cover and leave to infuse for 24 hours. Strain, add sugar, rum and wine and mix well.
- Pour into bottles adding a few grains of rice to each bottle. Allow to remain for at least another day. Serve chilled.
Rice grains help with fermentation.