Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 1 Pound (450 Grams) shrimp (12-14 count), de-veined
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 1⁄2 Millilitres) grace caribbean traditions black pepper
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 1⁄2 Millilitres) grace caribbean traditions (garlic, ginger & pimento)
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 1⁄2 Millilitres) salt
- 1 Tablespoon Grace Vegetable Oil
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Stalk escallion, chopped
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 2 Teaspoons thyme, chopped
- 1 Can (400 Millilitres) grace coconut milk
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon scotch bonnet pepper, chopped
- 1 Medium carrot, julienne & blanched
- 1 Cup broccoli florets, blanched
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Season shrimp with Grace Caribbean Traditions Black Pepper and Grace Caribbean Traditions Garlic, Ginger & Pimento Seasoning, add salt and mix well.
- Pour Grace Vegetable Oil in a large heated skillet and saute chopped garlic for 30 seconds. Add seasoned shrimp and saute until pink in colour.
- Add chopped escallion, onion and thyme.
- Pour on Grace Coconut Milk and allow to come to a boil.
- Mix in the chopped scotch bonnet pepper and julienne carrot and cook until just tender.
- Spoon into serving dish and garnish with blanched broccoli.
To Blanch:- To plunge into boiling water for a short period of time and then shock by placing in icy cold water to stop cooking process.
Serve with steamed brown rice and a garden salad.