Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons grace hello margarine
- 8 Ounces onion, chopped
- 8 Ounces sweet pepper
- 4 Ounces tomatoes, diced
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 Teaspoon grace caribbean traditions black pepper
- 1 Sprig thyme
- 1 Can grace coconut milk(400 ml )
- 1 Teaspoon brown sugar
- 24 shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 Teaspoons chives
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- In a large skillet melt GRACE HELLO MARGARINE, add chopped onion, julienne sweet pepper and sauté for 2 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, cook for an additional minute. Add salt, GRACE CARIBBEAN TRADITIONS BLACK PEPPER and thyme. Cook until vegetables are clear and flavours are fully developed approximately 3 minutes.
- Add 1 can GRACE COCONUT MILK and stir; add brown sugar, stir until granules are dissolved; lower flame and allow sauce to reduce by half.
- Add shrimp, cook for 3 minutes or until shrimp tails curl and turn pink.
- Plate and served garnish with chives.
How to de-vein shrimp: Use a small paring knife (manicure scissors are quite handy) with a point to slit the back side of the shrimp. As you slit the shells you will cut into the meat a bit exposing the vein. Use the tip of the knife to lift the vein, then grab it with your fingers and discard.
Serve hot with your favourite GRACE PASTA, GRACE RICE or other starch of your choice.