Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: COOKING TIME: 15 MINUTES
- 4 1⁄4 Cups water
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 Pound irish potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Pound broccoli florets
- 1 Pound cauliflower florets
- 1⁄4 Pound string beans, cut diagonally
- 1⁄4 Pound carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup grace tomato ketchup
- 4 Ounces tomatoes , diced
- 2 Teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Grace Vegetable Oil
- 2 Teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon grace caribbean traditions vegetable seasoning
- 2 Ounces sweet pepper, julienne
- 2 Teaspoons grace vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Can grace red kidney beans in brine
- 1 Cup grace pineapple slices, cut in chunks
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- In a large pot add 1 litre (4 cups) water and salt and bring to a boil; add cubed Irish potatoes and cook for five minutes; add broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, cut string beans and carrot slices and allow to cook for an additional three (3) minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl add GRACE TOMATO KETCHUP, diced tomatoes, sugar, turmeric and paprika, mix well.
- In a saucepan heat GRACE VEGETABLE OIL, add minced garlic and chopped onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add drained vegetables, GRACE CARIBBEAN TRADITIONS VEGETABLE SEASONING and sweet pepper to the mixture, cook for another minute. Add GRACE VINEGAR, dissolve cornstarch in remaining (60 ml) 1/4 cup water and stir in.
- Gently fold in GRACE RED KIDNEY BEANS IN BRINE and GRACE PINEAPPLE SLICES and heat through for 2 minutes.
Excellent Main Dish for Vegetarians
Serve with your favourite local starch