Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 Pounds pork rack
- 1⁄4 Cup Grace Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Teaspoons mustard
- 1 Teaspoon peppercorn, crushed
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 Cup chicken stock*
- 2 Tablespoons grace fish and meat sauce
- 2 Tablespoons grace tomato ketchup
- 1 Packet grace spaghetti, boiled and drained
- 1 Can grace mixed vegetables (427 grams)
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon grace caribbean traditions black pepper
- 4 Slices grace pineapple slices
- 2 Tablespoons grace hello margarine
- 2 Teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 Teaspoons dark rum
- 4 Ounces grace mango nectar
- 2 Tablespoons red bell peppers, chopped
- 4 Stalks callaloo, shredded
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
Serve and Enjoy!
- FOR PORK: Place pork in a large mixing bowl and add 30 ml (2 Tbsps). GRACE VEGETABLE OIL (to help retain moisture). Add 1 tsp. finely chopped garlic, mustard, peppercorn, 2 tsps chopped onion and toss together for an even coating. Allow to sit.
- In a skillet add 30 ml (2 Tbsps.) GRACE VEGETABLE OIL and heat. Place pork loin in heated oil and allow to cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Deglaze** pot by adding 125 ml (½ cup) chicken stock. Add 30 ml (2 Tbsps.) GRACE FISH AND MEAT SAUCE, 30ml (2 Tbsps.) GRACE TOMATO KETCHUP, whisk mixture together and allow to simmer.
- FOR SPAGHETTI: In a second skillet place ½ can GRACE MIXED VEGETABLES and boiled GRACE SPAGHETTI and toss together. Sprinkle with salt and GRACE CARIBBEAN TRADITIONS BLACK PEPPER and set aside.
- FOR SAUCE: Heat a third pot, add GRACE PINEAPPLE SLICES, 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) GRACE HELLO MARGARINE, granulated sugar and rum. Allow mixture to reduce, and then add some GRACE MANGO NECTAR. Remove pineapple slices from pot, leaving syrup behind. Sauté red peppers and callaloo in syrup.
- TO PLATE: Place spaghetti on plate. Remove tips of pork loin, set on plate. Slit pineapple slices to create twists and rest on plate. Add callaloo to plate. Drizzle sauce over plate.
- Garnish with deep fried spaghetti noodles and a sprig of rosemary.
*Chicken Stock made by dissolving 1 packet GRACE CHICKEN NOODLE MIX and 1 packet GRACE COCK SOUP MIX in 500 ml (2 cups) boiling water. Allow to stand, strain and use.
RECIPE NOTE: **DEGLAZE: after food has been sautéed a small amount of liquid is added to pan and stirred to loosen bits of browned food which may be stuck on pan bottom.