Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1⁄2 Cups counter flour
- 8 Ounces saltfish (soaked, deboned and flaked)
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 Stalk escallion, chopped
- 1 Medium tomato, diced
- 1 Cup water or milk
- 1 Medium egg (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon grace caribbean traditions black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon scotch bonnet pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 Cup Grace Vegetable Oil
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- In a large bowl place counter flour, flaked saltfish, chopped onion, escallion and diced tomatoes and mix well.
- Gradually add milk to make a smooth batter then egg (if used). Batter should be thick and of a dropping consistency.
- Season with salt, GRACE CARIBBEAN TRADITIONS BLACK PEPPER and scotch bonnet pepper.
- In a large skillet heat GRACE VEGETABLE OIL; drop batter by tablespoonful into hot oil and fry until brown on one side, turn and continue frying until done.
- Drain and serve hot for breakfast.
METHOD NOTE: Saltfish may be soaked overnight or boiled for 30 minutes.