Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1⁄2 Pounds saltfish
- 2 Cans grace coconut milk (400 ml cans)
- 3 Stalks escallion, chopped
- 1 Sprig thyme
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 Whole scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon grace caribbean traditions black pepper
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Boil saltfish for about 30 minutes. Drain, flake and remove all bones, set aside.
- Place GRACE COCONUT MILK in a saucepot and bring to a boil.
- Add the chopped escallion, sprig of thyme, crushed garlic, diced tomatoes and whole scotch bonnet pepper. Stir well.
- Add salt and GRACE CARIBBEAN TRADITIONS BLACK PEPPER and allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Add the flaked saltfish to the ‘run down’. Allow to simmer for a further 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly heated through.
Saltfish may be soaked overnight instead of boiling for 30 minutes.
Serve with your favourite boiled ground provisions.