Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 3 persons
- 8 Ounces yellow yam, cubed
- 5 Ounces grace hello margarine
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon grace caribbean traditions black pepper
- 1 Whole ripe plantain, cubed
- 1⁄8 Teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 Whole chicken breast
- 2 Tablespoons rosemary
- 1 Cup Grace Vegetable Oil
- 8 Ounces malta
- 8 Ounces heavy cream
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- In a pot of boiling water add cubes of yam, boil until tender. Drain yam and place in a bowl; add 2 Tbsps.Grace Hello Margarine, salt and pepper to taste and then use a fork to crush. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- In another pot of boiling water, add cubes of plantain, boil until tender; drain and then season with salt and cinnamon powder.
- Marinate chicken with rosemary, salt and pepper to taste and 1 Tbsp. Grace Vegetable Oil. Stuff chicken with yam mixture. Pan fry chicken breast until crispy on the outside, but not overcooked.
- Reduce Malta by half and add heavy cream, remove from flame and add remaining Grace Hello Margarine.
Assemble appetizer in a martini glass by piping the mashed plantain, then a slice of chicken breast, spoon on some Malta Butter Sauce, and garnished with a sprig of fresh rosemary.