Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 12 servings
- 19 Ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups Grace Vegetable Oil
- 0 hot water (as needed)
- 3 Ounces onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 1 Can grace whole kernel corn, drained
- 8 Ounces roast chicken. cut in cubes
- 1 Teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 Can grace green peas, drained
- 6 Ounces plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon grace caribbean traditions black pepper
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Prepare dough by combining 11 ounces all-purpose flour, 1/8 tsp. salt, 2 Tbsps. Grace Vegetable Oil and hot water as needed to form a pliable dough.
- In a saute pot add 1 Tbsp. Grace Vegetable Oil and saute onion, ginger, Grace Whole Kernel Corn and roast chicken and cook for 2 minutes on a low flame. Remove from flame and stir in cilantro; set aside and allow to cool.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured board and use round cookie cutters to cut 4 inch circles in the dough.
- Place 1 Tbsp. cooled filling on each circle. Damp one end of the dough with water, then wrap to seal. Fry in remaining Grace Vegetable Oil until lightly browned.
- TO MAKE DIP: Puree Grace Green Peas and plain yogurt, season with salt and pepper to taste and then chill.
Serve on a platter with dip in the center and samosas arranged around it. Garnish with chopped parsley.