- 1 (14 ounce)package of elbow macaroni.
- 2 cups milk, evaporated milk or half & half
- 4 cups of grated cheddar cheese.
- 2 eggs
- 3 ounces of butter.
- half grated onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 stalks scallion.
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers (optional.)
- 1 hot chili pepper, chopped no seeds (optional)
- 1 large bowl to combine ingredients.
- salt add for taste
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Cook the macaroni in salted water until it is well done, or follow instructions on package. Drain well.
- Place the onion, garlic, scallion, green pepper and hot pepper in a blender with a little milk and puree and set aside.
- Mix eggs and remaining milk together in a bowl and set aside.
- Grease a 10" x 16" casserole dish with the butter, this is to ensure that the pie don't stick to dish or use Pam cooking spray.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the hot macaroni in a big bowl with the butter, add some of the cheese and set aside 1 cup of cheese add all of the seasoning mixture and mix until all melted cheese form a sauce.
- Once everything is combined, add the egg and milk mixture and mix well.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with remaining cheese evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown, crusty and the milk is well absorbed.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
To add variety to this recipe, you can add corn, grated carrots or mixed vegetables from your supermarket freezer isle. Eat and enjoy.