Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 1 Piece ginger root, (1 inch), beaten
- 4 Cups water
- 1 Pound yellow sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1 Pound cho-cho, julienne
- 1⁄2 Pound large carrots, julienne
- 1 Pound baby beet roots
- to make dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons brown mustard
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 Cup wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Place medium sauce pan on fire with ginger root and enough water to cook potatoes.
- Peel and cut potatoes into cubes.
- Peel cho-choes and carrots and cut into medium julienne.
- Boil potatoes in water with ginger for 5 minutes then add cho-choes and carrots. Boil for a further 3 minutes.
- Remove tops from beets and cook in skin in a separate saucepan.
- TO MAKE DRESSING: Whisk all ingredients for dressing in a bowl, toss cooked and drained vegetables in dressing. Garnish and serve.
Julienne - cut into strips.
Makes a great side dish for your favourite meat dish.