Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 1/2 hours
Serves: 8-10 persons
- 6 Pounds beef
- 1⁄4 Cup Grace White Cane Vinegar
- 2 Cups water
- 1⁄2 Cup red wine
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon grace caribbean traditions black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons grace caribbean traditions all purpose seasoning
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 3 Stalks escallion, crushed
- 2 Sprigs thyme
- 3 Tablespoons Grace Vegetable Oil
- 4 Cups hot water
- 6 Medium irish potatoes, peeled & cut into wedges
- 2 Medium carrots, large diced
- 3 Small tomatoes, cut in wedges (optional)
- 1 Cup stock (made from grace cock soup mix)
- 1 Teaspoon scotch bonnet pepper, chopped
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- To Prepare Pot Roast: Clean beef with a mixture of Grace Vinegar and water; pat dry and set aside.
- Combine red wine, salt, Grace Caribbean Traditions Black Pepper and Grace Caribbean Traditions All Purpose Seasoning, garlic, onion, escallion and thyme in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour blended seasonings over beef. Make incisions in the beef so the seasonings can penetrate the meat. Leave to marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat Dutch Pot and add Grace Vegetable Oil. Gently add seasoned beef and brown on the surface.
- Add hot water a little at a time and leave to cook for about 2 hours over low flame.
- Add potato wedges, diced carrots and tomato wedges.
- Add 1 cup stock and the scotch bonnet pepper. Leave to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Place the roast, potatoes, carrots and tomatoes on a platter and serve.
*To Make Stock: Dissolve 1 packet of Grace Cock Soup Mix in 2 cups water and stir well. Strain and use liquid as directed.
Stock may also be added in place of water.
Serve with Rice and Gungo Peas.