Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Serves: 4 persons
- 1 Pound (450 Grams) salted beef, pre-soaked and cubed
- 1⁄2 Pound (225 Grams) fresh stewed beef, trimmed and cubed
- 1 Cup (250 Millilitres) grace vinegar
- 14 Cups (3 1⁄2 Litres) water
- 4 Ounces (114 Grams) flour
- 1 1⁄2 Teaspoons (7 1⁄2 Millilitres) salt
- 2 Tablespoons (30 Millilitres) Grace Vegetable Oil
- 3 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Slices breadfruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 Pound (450 Grams) yam, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 Pound (225 Grams) cocoa, peeled and diced
- 2 Stalks escallion, chopped
- 2 Sprigs thyme
- 1 Whole scotch bonnet pepper
- 6 Whole okras, cut in halves
- 2 Cups (500 Millilitres) grace coconut milk
- 5 Whole pimento berries
- 2 Stalks callaloo, chopped
- 1 Packet grace cock soup mix
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Clean meat in a solution of GRACE VINEGAR and (2 cups) water. In a bowl, combine flour and (½ tsp) salt and just enough water to form dough. Knead and set aside to relax for 10 minutes.
- Place remainder of water on to boil.
- In a large soup pot, heat GRACE VEGETABLE OIL. Add the pre-soaked salted beef, fresh beef stew, garlic, sliced breadfruit, yam and cocoa and stir well. Add the boiling water to the pot, stir and leave to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add escallion, thyme, whole scotch bonnet pepper, okras, GRACE COCONUT MILK, pimento berries, callaloo and Grace Cock Soup Mix. Stir well.
- Shape spinners and add to pot, then continue simmering for another 15 minutes.
- Adjust consistency with additional boiling water and add remaining salt if desired.
Serve Hot in a soup bowl.