Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Serves: 6 persons
- 1 Pound chicken, cleaned and cut into 8 pieces
- 1⁄4 Cup grace vinegar
- 4 Cups water
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 Whole onion, grated
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, grated
- ingredients for passion of glory sauce
- 1 Cup passion juice
- 1⁄2 Cup honey
- 1⁄4 Cup mustard
- 1 Cup grace tomato ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon grace fish & meat sauce
- 1 Teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
TO MAKE PASSION OF GLORY SAUCE.
- Wash chicken in a solution of Grace Vinegar and water.
- Season with salt, soy sauce, thyme, onion and ginger. Combine well.
- Cover and leave to marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Place chicken on a baking tray (skin side up) and bake at 180°C/350°F for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from oven during baking and base with sauce. Return to the oven until completely baked.
1. Pour 1 1/2 cups Passion Juice in a sauce pan. Add the honey, mustard and Grace Tomato Ketchup and bring to a boil.
2. Mix in the Grace Fish & Meat Sauce.
3. Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 tablespoons of water and add to the mixture, mixing well to avoid lumping.
4. Allow to cook until the sauce thickens.
Place chicken on a platter. Spoon on remaining sauce and then garnish with parsley and shredded carrots. Serve with riced yam, dasheen or Grace Elbow Macaroni and a garden salad. Enjoy!