Preparation Time: 2 1⁄2 hours
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 1 Large chicken (4 lbs)
- 6 Cups water
- 1 Cup Grace White Cane Vinegar
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 4 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 Stalks escallion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 Tablespoon thyme leaves
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 Cup grace jerk seasoning
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon dark sugar, optional
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Cut chicken into quarters and clean in a mixture of water and vinegar.
- Mix together onion, garlic, escallion, ginger, thyme leaves, soy sauce, Grace Jerk Seasoning, salt and dark sugar.
- Use seasonings to rub into chicken.
- Leave to marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Place chicken skin side up on a greased baking tray.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F for 1 hour, basting every 20 minutes until done.
- Remove chicken from oven, cut and serve.