Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 6 dozens
- 1⁄2 Cup grace hello margarine
- 1⁄2 Cup dark sugar
- 1 Medium egg
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 Cups grace old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 Cup peanuts, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 Cup raisins, soaked and chopped
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Heat oven to 400ºF/204ºC.
- Cream Grace Hello Margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon powder and mix well. Fold into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in Grace Old Fashioned Oats, chopped peanuts and soaked raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful about 2.5 cm apart unto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cookies may be reheated to make them crisp.