Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Serves: 10 servings
- 2 Pounds (1 Kilogram) goat head and belly
- 1⁄4 Cup grace white vinegar
- 14 1⁄2 Cups water
- 4 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 Whole pimento berries
- 2 Pounds yellow yam, peeled and diced
- 1 Pound carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 Large cho cho, peeled and diced
- 1 Pound irish potato, peeled and diced
- 6 Fingers green banana, cut in circles
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 Teaspoons salt
- 1 Packet grace cock soup mix
- 1 Tablespoon grace caribbean traditions all purpose seasoning
- 2 Sprigs thyme
- 2 Stalks escallion, crushed
- 1 Whole scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 Teaspoon grace hello margarine
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon grace caribbean traditions black pepper
- 1⁄4 Cup white rum (optional)
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Cut goat head and belly in small pieces then clean in a mixture of Grace Vinegar and 4 cups water.
- Pour 6 cups water in a pressure cooker. Add 4 cloves crushed garlic, pimento berries and goat head and belly and pressure for 20 minutes.
- Turn off flame and allow pressure cooker to cool. Pour mixture into a 6 quart pot.
- Add 4 cups water to pot and allow to boil. Add diced yam, carrots, cho cho, Irish potatoes and green bananas. Stir, cover and leave to cook.
- TO MAKE SPINNERS: Combine flour, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 cup water in bowl and knead to make a smooth dough. Leave dough to relax for 15 minutes.
- Make small spinners from the dough then add to the pot, stir and cover.
- FOR SEASONING: Add Grace Cock Soup Mix, Grace Caribbean Traditions All Purpose Seasoning, thyme, crushed escallion and whole scotch bonnet pepper, Grace Hello Margarine, Grace Caribbean Traditions Black Pepper and 1 tsp salt.
- Stir well and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and mix in the rum.