Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Packet grace elbow macaroni
- 5 Tablespoons grace hello margarine
- 1 Ounce flour
- 2 Cups whole milk
- 2 Cups chicken stock*
- 4 Ounces onion, chopped
- 2 Teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon scotch bonnet pepper, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons escallion, chopped
- 4 Ounces celery, chopped
- 4 Ounces red sweet peppers, chopped
- 4 Ounces green sweet peppers, chopped
- 6 Ounces tomatoes, diced
- 2 Cans grace tuna in oil
- 1 Can grace mixed vegetables(427 gram)
- 8 Ounces anchor cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon nutmeg
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Boil GRACE MACARONI according to instructions on package. Pre-heat oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 2 litre (2 quart) casserole dish using 15 ml (1 Tbsp) GRACE HELLO MARGARINE.
- In a skillet heat remaining GRACE HELLO MARGARINE, add flour, stirring constantly to avoid lumping. Stir in milk and chicken stock. Continue stirring until mixture comes to a boil. Add herbs and vegetables, add GRACE TUNA IN OIL; mix well.
- Gently fold in GRACE MIXED VEGETABLES, half the shredded cheese, the salt and half of the nutmeg.
- Fold in the boiled macaroni. Scrape into a greased casserole dish and top with remaining shredded cheese and nutmeg.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
*Chicken Stock is made by dissolving 1 packet GRACE COCK SOUP in 500 ml (2 cups) of boiling water. Allow to stand for 10 minutes, strain and use.
Serve with your favourite Vegetable Salad