1 1/2 lbs flour
2 cups coconut + 4 tlbs (reserved for filling)
9 oz sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 lb butter/margarine
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, spice, nutmeg
2 tsp essence
1/2 cup cherries (chopped)
1/2 cup raisins (chopped)
1/2 cup mixed (optional)
1. Cut butter into flour add spices and baking powder
2. Add sugar, coconut, fruits
3. Add liquid ingredients
4. For firm breads add enough milk to make a firm (dry) dough and for a more moist bread use less milk ( of course if u want to reverse a process add milk or flour to suit)
5. Roll or pat to form into loaf (s)
6. Mix 4 tbs coconut 1/2 tsp, cinnamon, spice, nutmeg, and 2 lbs sugar together
7. Slice load in half and add above mixture to middle. Close opening.
8. Grease loaf pan and add bread mixture to pan. Slice top 3 times diagonially.
9. Mix 2 tbs sugar with a little water, sprinkle/brush on top of loaf.
Bake 300 until top is golden brown and tester comes out dry.