Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 6 persons
- 1 Packet grace macaroni (400 gram)
- 2 Tablespoons grace hello margarine
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 1 Stalk escallion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Cups milk
- 1⁄4 Teaspoon Grace Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon grace caribbean traditions garlic powder
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon salt
- 4 Ounces carrots, diced
- 8 Ounces anchor cheddar cheese, shredded
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
METHOD NOTE: * TO SWEAT: A technique by which ingredients, particularly vegetables are cooked in a small amount of fat over low heat.
- Boil GRACE MACARONI as instructed on package. Set aside.
- In a large saucepot, melt GRACE HELLO MARGARINE over a low flame, sweat* chopped onions and escallion for 2 minutes to develop flavour; add flour constantly, stirring to avoid lumping; add milk gradually, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Add GRACE HOT PEPPER SAUCE, garlic powder, salt and carrots.
- Remove from flame, add shredded cheese and continue to stir until sauce thickens.
- Add boiled macaroni and stir well to combine. Pour mixture into a 2 litre (2 quart) casserole dish and bake at 180°C (350°F) until mixture appears bubbly.
Serve with your favourite Green Garden Salad.