- 1 qt milk (I use the Reduced fat Organic one)
- 1 packet of "YOGOURMET" freeze dried starter (buy box of 6 packets at Kirk's Suipemarket)
- 1/2 cup Carnation Milk Powder
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Scald milk to about 180 degrees F
- Let it cool to about $108 degrees F
- Mix one packet of Starter with the milk along wth milk powder
- Cover pan
- Wrap pan in thick towel and blanket (this is the incubation period)
- Place in area away from draughts (I use my electric oven but NOT turned on)
Check it in about 8 hours to see of it has satrted to thicken.
If so,remove blanket, etc. and put the covered pot in the fridge to continue its thickening.
NB If when you check it after 8 hours and it has not started thickening, leave it covered with blanket until it starts - (12 hours or so)
It is delicious and you will never want to buy another store-bought yoghurt again. I eat it with berries or make smoothies with Raw Oats, Flax Oil, Fruit, Honey, Whey Protein Powder an enough juice (grape, pomegranite, cranberry, whatever) until the blender can spin it without struggling