Dad's Favourite Salad
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Chill Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups diced yam
- 1 cup string beans
- 1 small sweet pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic
- 1 can GRACE RED PEAS IN BRINE
- 1 Tbsp. GRACE WHITE VINEGAR
- 1 Tbsp. GRACE VEGETABLE OIL
- 4 Tbsps. GRACE GRANULATED SUGAR
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsps. white pepper
Recipe Note: Either white or yellow yam can be used.
- Boil yam until tender, drain and dice.
- Blanch string beans and finely chop sweet pepper and garlic.
- Drain red peas, place in a colander and rinse under running tap water.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and chill.
- Serve with meat dishes or on a bed of lettuce or cabbage leaves.
Back to Recipe List...
Recipe Section Home
| Add a Recipe
| Discuss Recipes & Cooking
| Request a Recipe
Previous Recipe |
New Articles |
New Recipes |
Active Topics |
New Links |
Announcements & What's New
CaribbeanChoice.com - Your Gateway to the Caribbean
One Love. One People. All Caribbean!™
Proverb: Big tree fall down, goat bite leaf.
Meaning: When a great man falls, he is no longer feared and respected.