Oxtail Stew with Grace Butter Beans
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 2½ hours
- 1¼ kgs. oxtail
- 4 tsps. cornflour
- 2 Tbsps. GRACE VEGETABLE OIL
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 2 Tbsps. blackpepper
- 4 rashers bacon
- 2 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- ½ litre hot water
- 2 stalks escallion
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 cans GRACE BUTTER BEANS
- Cut oxtail in bite size pieces, slice onions and carrots, crush garlic,
chop tomatoes and finely slice escallion.
- Trim away excess fat and place oxtail pieces in boiling water for 2-3
minutes to scald.
- Dry well on absorbent paper and coat with corn flour.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in heavy bottom pot and brown each piece of oxtail on both sides,
removing when brown.
- Pour off excess oil.
- Dice bacon and fry for few minutes.
- Return oxtail to pot with bacon along with carrot, onion, garlic, tomatoes
and hot water.
- Cover and simmer gently for 3 hours or until oxtail is almost tender.
- Use a pressure cooker if possible, to shorten the cooking time.
- At this stage add more liquid if necessary and correct seasoning.
- Cover and simmer for a final 20-30 minutes.
- Add the butter beans and allow to simmer for 3 mins.
Method Note: *Grace slice bacon (sugar cured, rindless).
Back to Recipe List...
Recipe Section Home
| Add a Recipe
| Discuss Recipes & Cooking
| Request a Recipe
Previous Recipe |
New Articles |
New Recipes |
Active Topics |
New Links |
Announcements & What's New
CaribbeanChoice.com - Your Gateway to the Caribbean
One Love. One People. All Caribbean!™
Proverb: Contrary breeze make crow and eagle light on one line.
Meaning: When there is trouble, enemies are sometimes forced to get together to solve problems.
Complete Hosting Guide
Life is Transformational
Visionary Learning Studios