Grace Jamaican Patties
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 16 patties
- 2 cups GRACE COUNTER FLOUR
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup water
- Sift flour and salt in a bowl.
- Rub in fat, which should be cold and fairly hard.
- Add cold water gradually to make a stiff dough.
- Roll in thinly about 1/8cm on a floured board and into rounds of desired
- Put on filling, moistening edges with cold water, press together and prick
the tops with a fork.
- Brush with a mixture of beaten eggs and water.
- Bake at 220°C until nicely browned.
Filling for Patties
- 250 grams ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. GRACE CURRY POWDER
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- GRACE CRUSHED PEPPER SAUCE
- 2 Tbsps. breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsps. GRACE HELLO SOFT MARGARINE
- 1 tsp. GRACE TOMATO KETCHUP
- Melt margarine, add onion and hot pepper and fry, but do not brown.
- Add mince and other seasonings and brown lightly.
- Add breadcrumbs and ¼ cup stock or hot water.
- Cover and cook until mince is tender, adding more liquid if necessary. The
mixture should be soft but not watery.
- Cool and drop by spoonful or round of pastry.
Back to Recipe List...
Recipe Section Home
| Add a Recipe
| Discuss Recipes & Cooking
| Request a Recipe
Previous Recipe |
New Articles |
New Recipes |
Active Topics |
New Links |
Announcements & What's New
CaribbeanChoice.com - Your Gateway to the Caribbean
One Love. One People. All Caribbean!™
Proverb: Moon a run till daylight catch it.
Meaning: You may think you are getting away with your misdeed, but one Day you will be caught.
Complete Hosting Guide
Life is Transformational
Visionary Learning Studios