Creole Chicken Salad
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Chill Time: 30 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ cup ham slices
- 2 medium sweet peppers
- 1 cup GRACE WHOLE KERNEL CORN
- 1 large ripe plantain
- 1 cup GRACE RICE (cooked)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. GRACE VEGETABLE OIL
- 4 tsp. GRACE WHITE CANE VINEGAR
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Cook and dice chicken breasts, dice ham slices.
- Chop sweet peppers (red and green) and drain corn.
- Put firm ripe unpeeled plantain on a baking sheet, bake in the oven for 20
minutes until plantain is soft but not mushy.
- Cool plantain remove skin and dice.
- In a bowl, combine diced plantain, chicken, ham, cooked rice, corn and
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix in oil and vinegar.
- Chill and serve on lettuce leaves.
Method Note: Boil plantain if it is the only food item you will be
lighting your oven for.
Hot rolls with plenty of butter goes well with this salad.
Back to Recipe List...
Recipe Section Home
| Add a Recipe
| Discuss Recipes & Cooking
| Request a Recipe
Previous Recipe |
New Articles |
New Recipes |
Active Topics |
New Links |
Announcements & What's New
CaribbeanChoice.com - Your Gateway to the Caribbean
One Love. One People. All Caribbean!™
Proverb: If you eye nah see, you mouth must not talk.
Meaning: You must see for yourself before you talk.
Complete Hosting Guide
Life is Transformational
Visionary Learning Studios